Bloodworks Northwest Laboratories
Hemostasis Reference Laboratory
Request for Testing (RFT)
Testing is requested via a Hemostasis Request for Testing Form. The following information must be completed on the RFT to avoid delay in testing:
- Patient Identification (must match information on specimen).
- Physician or authorized individual ordering test.
- Draw date.
- Whether the sample was frozen if only a serum or plasma aliquot is submitted.
- To whom should the report be sent.
- Include a contact name and phone number for someone who can answer questions concerning the order.
Bloodworks Northwest can no longer offer to bill to patients directly or to the patient’s insurance. For questions, contact lab manager or supervisor at 206 689-6542.
All samples must be properly labeled and information must agree with the identification on the RFT.
- If a specimen is identified by name, there must also be a numeric identifier which may include Hospital number, SS#, birth date, or other coded identifier
- If only a numeric identifier is used (with no name), the number must be a Hospital number, SS#, or coded identifier. A birth date is not acceptable in this circumstance.
- A draw date should be on the sample but the sample will still be accepted if the draw information is on the RFT.
Submission and Transporting
All samples must be sent in a sealed, leak-proof container marked with a biohazard sticker to comply with OSHA safety standards to:
Attn Hemostasis Laboratory
921 Terry Ave
Seattle WA 98104
Submission of Samples
Send the specimen together with the completed RFT.