News & Events
McMenamins Elks Temple Blood Drives – 2020
Last Tuesday of the Month
9am – 3pm
Tacoma, WA 98402
Mach 31st (Cancelled)
Join us every last Tuesday of the month, for a very special blood drive inside McMenamins’ 1916 landmark seven-story hotel, restaurant, and live-music venue, the Elks Temple in downtown Tacoma. All donors will be treated to a one-of-a-kind buzzworthy experience along with surprising and celebratory perks, only McMenamins Elks Temple can offer.
All donors will receive:
- Limited release McMenamins and Bloodworks gear!
- 15% off food and beverage at any McMenamins Elks Temple restaurant
- Raffle entry to win a night’s stay at McMenamins Elks Temple
- Free admission to the Spanish Ballroom event on the evening of the blood drive*
*If there is an event occurring.
Bloodworks Northwest provides all the blood needed by St. Joseph Medical Center giving patients in Tacoma the best care possible. And when local patients need blood at any of the renowned medical centers in the region, you’ll find Bloodworks there, too. That’s because the blood donated with Bloodworks stays local to help our friends and neighbors. Family owned and operated, McMenamins strives to embody each city they call home. Their newly restored Elks Temple in Tacoma creates a vibrant gathering place to enjoy great food and drinks, live music, a hotel and so much more. Bloodworks and McMenamins both believe in giving back to the people and communities they serve, and together make a real difference for local patients.
Register below or call 800-398-7888, or text bloodapp to 91985.
Parking & Directions
The Spanish Ballroom is located on 2nd floor of the building.
-From the main entrance, take elevator down to the 2nd floor.
-From the Spanish Steps, enter through the Spanish Bar and continue into the ballroom.
Elks Temple is located in downtown Tacoma, and parking options vary:
- Metered street parking (closest parking to the venue)
- Paid lots
- Free parking at Tacoma Dome Station lots (plus a free 10-minute train ride)
- If you park in the Tacoma Dome Station parking lots, Tacoma Link Light Rail is free downtown and runs from the Tacoma Dome Station to 9th & Commerce, about 2 blocks from Elks Temple.
- Trains run until 10 pm, Monday through Saturday and until 6 pm on Sundays.
- Be sure to check soundtransit.org for current schedules. Holiday schedules vary.